We are looking for a person who is a skilled iOS engineer, is fun and inspiring to work with, and is passionate about our mission. You’ll be amongst the first employees of the company and there will be lots of opportunities to impact the direction of the product, further develop your own skills and take a leadership position in the company.
- Enjoy the challenge of building and growing a platform
- 3+ years experience in native iOS mobile development in Swift
- Knowledge of iOS Frameworks
- Knowledgeable with design patterns and OOP
- Experience writing Unit & UI tests
- Are proactive, self-driven, and able to thrive in a fast-moving startup environment
- Take ownership; when a task or an area of responsibility resides with you, we trust it will be driven to completion, on time, and to high quality
- Think strategically, but with a bias towards shipping.
- Communicate fluently and effectively in English, internally, and with external partners.
- Are committed to the job and the growth opportunity in a startup
- Bonus points:
- Experience with SwiftUI
- Experience with MVVM
More About us
Zoog is a TLV-based startup creating a new format of asynchronous video book reading. Founded by two parents who realized during COVID just how frustrating video communication with kids is. We see books as a way to communicate with young children, create a bond with them and be part of their development. We want to give distanced family members the opportunity to be part of that. We looked at what’s out there and learned that simply showing a digital version of a printed book like most online reading apps does not work well on mobile and simply cannot compete with the types of content kids are exposed to these days. We decided to give our beloved kids classics a face lift and make them personal by making the reader the star of the show.
Founders are veterans in the tech world, Matan (CTO) brings years of experience from working in early stage consumer startups, as a first or second employee focused on development and product management of applications that reached millions of users. Matan is also an alumni of the Zell Entrepreneurship program at the IDC. Yoav (CEO) has spent the last 5 years at SimilarWeb, where his last position in the company was COS, where he worked hand in hand with the CEO and the entire leadership team. Prior to that, he ran SW’s China operations. He has lived and worked in China, US, and Israel and holds an MBA from Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and a BA from Columbia University.